Thread: Quick Snacks - Sweet Dishes - Wheat Halwa

Blog Entries

Default Quick Snacks - Sweet Dishes - Wheat Halwa

Yesterday was a good day for my family. Yes, my husband got his new offer with the details of his promotion in his current work. So, when he called and told this I told myself "Celebration Time". But as usual, I had my hands full with other works and limited time. So, I wished to prepare something sweet and good, but does not take much time. Then came the saviour, Wheat Halwa

Requirements

1. Wheat powder (atta) - 1 cup
    2. Ghee - 3/4 cup (or can be reduced if you are too worried about cholesterol)
    3. Sugar - 1.5 cups
    4. Cardamom - 3 or 4 pieces
    5. Cashew & Badam - few for decoration
    6. Water - 2 cups

Method

1. Add sugar to 2 cups of water and boil in a separate vessel. Put the cardamom pieces also in the boiling water. Once when sugar dissolved, keep it aside.
    2. Keep a kadai / Pan in flame. Pour Ghee in it.
    3. Add the Wheat powder in it and fry till a nice aroma of wheat comes. Make sure the powder is not sticking into small balls.
    4. Once when the aroma comes, reduce the flame and pour the sugar water (be careful, it boils and start spilling out, if the pan is small or not deep) and keep stirring equally to avoid the wheat sticking and turning into little balls.
    5. Once when the ghee start separating, you can put off the flame.
    6. Keep the Cashew and Badam on top (I didn't fry these items in ghee. If you want, you can do it separately and then put on top of the Halwa for decoration).

It took just 15 mins as a whole for me to prepare this dish. Enjoy. Bye for now

Wink Much easier than making halwa is...

Wow, what an easy way to make Halwa, Meetu...I also know a thing which is very easier than that...But I need that halwa made by you for me to show my talent...Guess why and what?
    Of course, I know to eat it very well and appreciate you with the "bestest" compliments.

By the way, my heart felt congrats to your beloved husband on his promotion and I wish him many more successes in his career and life...

Where is my share of the halwa?

Ok, I permit u to have my share too on my behalf...
    Music, music, all the way...
    Pushes your worries far away

www.jayskorner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jayashree s kumar View Post
    Wow, what an easy way to make Halwa, Meetu...I also know a thing which is very easier than that...But I need that halwa made by you for me to show my talent...Guess why and what?
    Of course, I know to eat it very well and appreciate you with the "bestest" compliments.

By the way, my heart felt congrats to your beloved husband on his promotion and I wish him many more successes in his career and life...

Where is my share of the halwa?

Ok, I permit u to have my share too on my behalf...
    Thank you so much chellamaa... For time being, I took your share and once when we get a chance to meet, I will prepare it once again for you

Wheat Halwa is a kind of sweet dishes that must try, and I'm sure you;ll be satisfy to the taste because it is sweet and delicious.

Great post! Its tempting.