Thread: Instant Rasam...

Thumbs up Instant Rasam...

When you have to make rasam in a jiffy, try making the one I have given below:

Take 3 big sweet red tomatoes, mash them well in two glasses of water. Add salt, a pinch of asafoetida (hing or perungayam) powder and let it boil.

Meanwhile, grind the following in your mixie :
    half teaspoon pepper, a teaspoon tuvar dal, 1 red chilly and a teaspoon of jeera seeds(jeeragam or cumin seeds) -- Powder all these dry (coarsely).

Now your tomatoes are cooked and ready. Add the powder and let it just boil for a minute. Add coriander leaves and season with mustard seeds.

Your instant rasam is ready....It tastes good like soup when hot. Mix it with hot rice and a dash of ghee and enjoy....
    Music, music, all the way...
    Pushes your worries far away

www.jayskorner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Chellamaa, me too here

Here is my rasam recipe

Ingredients

1. Tamarind - little
    2. Tomato - 1 or 2 ripen (depending on size)
    3. Pepper - 1 tsp
    4. Cummin seeds - 1 tsp
    5. Garlic pods - 4 or 5
    6. Curry leaves - little
    7. Corriander leaves - little
    8. Green Chilli - 2 or 3
    9. Salt - as per need
    10. Asetafodia - little

Method

1. Extract juice from Tamarind.
    2. Crush and smash the tomato in this juice.
    3. Add salt and asetafodia in this.
    4. Grind all the other items (pepper, cumin, garlic, chilli, curry and coriander leaves)... It should not be too pasty nor should not be looked uncrushed...
    5. Add this grinded items to the tamarind juice.
    6. Keep a pan in the stove. Pour little oil. Add mustard and once when it spurt, pour this rasam mix you prepared. Keep it in sim flame, until it forms foams above...

Very important, dont let the rasam to boil... it will spoil the entire taste..

Making time, 5 mins

You can adjust the tastes as per need (like adding more tamarind if need sour or more pepper if you need it hot)

This is too good when you have cold cough, fever.... yesterday I prepared this for my friend (who is in my opp apartment) and she got her throat sore cured within a single night

Quote Originally Posted by jayashree s kumar View Post
    When you have to make rasam in a jiffy, try making the one I have given below:

Take 3 big sweet red tomatoes, mash them well in two glasses of water. Add salt, a pinch of asafoetida (hing or perungayam) powder and let it boil.

Meanwhile, grind the following in your mixie :
    half teaspoon pepper, a teaspoon tuvar dal, 1 red chilly and a teaspoon of jeera seeds(jeeragam or cumin seeds) -- Powder all these dry (coarsely).

Now your tomatoes are cooked and ready. Add the powder and let it just boil for a minute. Add coriander leaves and season with mustard seeds.

Your instant rasam is ready....It tastes good like soup when hot. Mix it with hot rice and a dash of ghee and enjoy....
    Thankyou
    Last edited by anuradha; 29th November 2009 at 04:56 PM.

Hi Anu, I liked the way you have thanked me and do hope you would have made and enjoyed the rasam too....
    Music, music, all the way...
    Pushes your worries far away

www.jayskorner.blogspot.com

Almost same method I follow , but I add on crushed ginger too ..It adds to tatse

thanku for this